Skip to main content

Featured

Skinimalism | The Make Up Minimalism | Divya Toshniwal |

  I came across this new term: Skinimalism, and I am instantly in love with it.  Skinimalism can be explained as going with minimal products on your skin. Skinimalism is the makeup minimalism.  Till a year ago, the trends in the beauty industry was filled with heavy make-up looks. Even the no-makeup look had layers of products on your skin. Not only did people put on makeup for occasions but it had become a part of our everyday life. Women would spend hours before stepping out of the house to put on makeup and style their hair and then again a half before going on to the bed to remove it all. With the Covid-19 lockdown and staying home for longer periods of time, we actually turned to the no make-up phase in our lives. Many of my make-up products expired too. Though I have been into minimalism for more than a couple of years now there were still a lot of products that I used on my skin. But the year 2020 has brought about this great change where I do not even use a compact

My Daily , Weekly and Monthly Skin Care Routine As A Minimalist | Skinimalist Indian |


As I went beyond decluttering in my minimalism journey, I found immense pleasure in leaving behind the thoughts, things, and people who were untrue. I embraced myself without any conditions and that has helped me become free of so many compulsions that the world has including looking perfect all the time. As predicted by many Skinimalism is going to be the latest beauty trend in 2021 and it is here to stay. After a year of living make-up-free and cleansing our skin our focus has shifted from being perfect to being healthy. 

I always thought that the amount of make-up I use was all necessary and I wasn't overdoing things. I could always see people using more make-up than myself. After starting my journey towards minimalism when I did my first make-up decluttering, there wasn't much to throw and I basically ended up decluttering only the duplicates or expired products. In 2020 however, things changed a lot when I was locked up in my home and did not use make-up for almost a month. 

One day while I was looking in the mirror I saw how my skin was trying to heal. The natural glow of my face was coming back. I always complain that I have oily skin and hence I had worked so hard in removing that oil, it had resulted in dull and lifeless skin. All those charcoal face washes and masks that I was using was thrown away. These were making my skin extremely dry and to compensate I had to use another moisturizer. I switched to a medicated face wash for my acne and decided to declutter my make-up box once more. 

This time I reduced my make-up collection to 1/3rd. Everything else was given away or thrown in the trash. I committed to not using make-up in my daily life and become a skinimalist ( a term I learned later in life).

So I bring to you my minimalist skincare routine.


Every day :

I have a very simple daily skincare. which doesn't take up much of my time. 

Morning skincare routine:

Step 1: Wash my face with a cleanser

Step 2: Apply natural aloe vera gel on my skin. ( straight from an aloe leaf) Keep it for 15 minutes.

Step 3: Wash it off with lukewarm water.

Step 4: Apply a moisturizer (mostly a gel-based moisturizer with aloe vera as I have oily skin). In winters I use a heavier moisturizer if my skin asks for it.

After this, with a lip balm and a Kajal, I am good to go.

Now many have been asking me how can I leave without an SPF. Well, that is because I simply don't need it. I have tried a variety of them and they seem to only increase my acne. I have been good without them and aloe vera works just fine for me. 

Nighttime Skin Care Routine:

Step 1: The most important step in your nighttime routine is to wash your face with a good cleanser. (never sleep with all that pollution and dust on your skin)

Step 2: Apply some moisturizer ( treatment based or just a plain simple face oil).

The night is the time for your skin to heal. So if you need any treatment for your skin it is best used at this time. Hydrate your lips with a lip balm and that's it.

And that my friends, is the simple skincare routine that I dedicatedly follow every day.


Every Week:

Once a week I apply a face mask to my skin. I do not prefer chemical-filled cosmetic facemasks and hence I make one for my skin at home. This mask may or may not be the same every week and definitely change according to seasons. In winter the masks that are used are more nourishing while in summers they are more focused on cleansing. Ingredients used in the masks are easily available and mostly present in every household like honey, turmeric, fullers earth, curd, milk, or fruits and vegetables like strawberry, banana, papaya, cucumber, lemon, or cherries.


Every Month: 

Once a month I perform a special treatment for my skin. And here is the step by step process for it.

Step 1: Wash my face with a cleanser.

Step 2: Exfoliate using natural ingredients honey and sugar or ground coffee.

Step 3: Cleanse with lukewarm water.

Step 4: Apply some ghee on my skin. Keep for 15 minutes

Step 5: Wash off the face with a cleanser.

Step 6: Apply a moisturizer. 

For people with dry skin - You can leave the 5th and 6th steps. 

For people with oily skin- since the skin needs extra moisturizing after exfoliation ghee can work wonders towards it. But leaving it on the skin can cause a little trouble for you and hence it is best to cleanse it after some time and wear your everyday moisturizer after it.

I have heard many skincare influencers and dermatologists say that you should exfoliate at least once a week, but my personal experience has taught me that exfoliation so frequently causes more harm to my skin than good. It increases breakouts, causes more redness and inflammation. It also makes the skin dull in long run. So do not over-exfoliate your skin and let those cells shed out naturally sometimes.

That is my minimal skincare routine for every day, once a week, and once a month. 

Skinimalist Indian

If you would like to support me too Buy me a Book Here with an amount as little as $1(Rs.75) You are always more welcome to buy me more:



Do leave a comment for me along with it.

Comments

Post a Comment

To Support Me