Skip to main content

Featured

Skinimalism | The Make Up Minimalism | Divya Toshniwal |

  I came across this new term: Skinimalism, and I am instantly in love with it.  Skinimalism can be explained as going with minimal products on your skin. Skinimalism is the makeup minimalism.  Till a year ago, the trends in the beauty industry was filled with heavy make-up looks. Even the no-makeup look had layers of products on your skin. Not only did people put on makeup for occasions but it had become a part of our everyday life. Women would spend hours before stepping out of the house to put on makeup and style their hair and then again a half before going on to the bed to remove it all. With the Covid-19 lockdown and staying home for longer periods of time, we actually turned to the no make-up phase in our lives. Many of my make-up products expired too. Though I have been into minimalism for more than a couple of years now there were still a lot of products that I used on my skin. But the year 2020 has brought about this great change where I do not even use a compact

10 Things I Will Not Buy In 2021 | Skinimalist Indian | Divya Toshniwal |


It's been more than a couple of years since I became a minimalist and now a major change has come in my life since I have decided to be a skinimalist. Skinimalism is the make-up minimalism. It is about using the least products on your skin and letting it have a natural texture. The trend of putting on make-up every time you leave home is now gone. The latest trend in beauty is skinimalism where women have embraced their natural skin and the focus is more on making the skin naturally healthy rather than load it with a bunch of chemical products.

So in 2021, I have decided to not buy 10 products from the beauty line.

1.Full Cover Foundation: Yes. I have decided to go foundation-less in 2021. I am not going to add foundation to my everyday makeup. Though I am not yet sure about any occasion or function(if I do attend any, I am sure I have enough for using twice or thrice this year.


2. Lipsticks: The same goes for lipsticks. I am not buying any this year. I am sure the ones I have can last me a couple more years. As it is you know no one can see your lips under those masks ;). Instead I have decided to opt for tinted lip balms and those too the natural ones.


3. Concealers and Color Correctors: Concealers and color correctors are majorly used for hiding uneven skin tone and spot. My target this year is to work on making my skin naturally healthy so I never need to use them again.


4. Highlighters and Bronzers: These products are used for the purpose of giving a shape to your face and make your features more prominent and also make your face look slimmer. It is absolutely not necessary to make your face look not like your face. So in the trash goes my highlighter and bronzer.


5. Eyeshadows : I haven't bought any eye shadows since almost 3 years now. I have just stopped using them. I do have a shade of blush that I apply both as a blush and an eye shadow. It gives my skin a perfect natural look . Though I am planning to eliminate it entirely too but currently I have successfully reduced it to approximately once in a couple of months.


6. Make up brushes : It goes without saying that if you do not use make-up you would not need the brushes too. 


7. Mascara and Eyeliners : I haven't been good with eyeliners but have always been in love with my mascara . Even though it would make my lashes fall more or sometimes even cause my eyes to itch I still wore it , may be not everyday , but enough. Alternatively I would like to buy a mascara brush to just curl up my lashes a little bit and with my kajal on , I am good to go.


8. Nail Paints :The whole of 2020 I haven't used any mail colour and my nails have been clean and cut for most of the year . I have loved my hands that way , avoiding all the chemicals in the food that I cook and eat. This year too I have decided upon not buying any nail paints.


9. Setting Sprays For Hair: My hair has always been very unmanageable and using heat and setting sprays have been the only way to manage them . But along with reducing chemicals on my skin 2020 also helped me reduce the chemicals and heat on my hair . With reducing the use of setting spray my hair has become less frizzy and also more softer. Thus I am not buying any this year.


10. Make-up Remover: When you don't apply any makeup why would you need a makeup remover. Thus eliminating one more product from my make-up box.


If you would like to support me too Buy me a Book Here with an amount as little as $1(Rs.75) You are always more welcome to buy me more:



Do leave a comment for me along with it.

Comments

To Support Me